Industry, Commerce, Investments and Strategic Partnerships Division
As it is known, strategic partnership is a new kind of cooperation in the field of international relations where parties can cooperate and make agreements either with the public, private sectors, governments, or institutions in all fields, such as economic, scientific, research, industrial or even cultural fields. These agreements benefit all parties which makes it an important kind of strategic cooperation.
Regarding the economic side, which is involved as an important side in strategic cooperation, it is realized that African and Asian countries have lots of advantages which makes them an attractive destination for investors. This is due to its strategic location, natural resources represented infertile land, water, and metals, such as gold, chrome, silver, and zinc. In addition to the available workforce for production. These partnerships will encourage member countries to invest in Africa and Asia.
Furthermore, the union will focus on increasing commercial cooperation with African and Asian countries in fields where they can invest such as human capital, digital transformation and follow up systems as well as using funds to invest in information infrastructure to increase technological development.
This division will work in cooperation with the technology, digital transformation, e-commerce, training, and research divisions. The economic development of countries depends, to a large extent, on the competitiveness and growth of the industrial sector. As an engine of economic growth and export expansion, the Industry is truly an integral part of the economic construction. The expansion will help in creating job opportunities, with the need for a lot of work to support the cooperation between large, small, and medium-sized companies. It’s vital to provide them with support, whether in terms of supplying them with the necessary infrastructure or digital services at reasonable prices, especially in light of the large role that these companies play in innovating and introducing new technology platforms and their significant impact on supply chains.
This division will support small and medium enterprises and industries in their fields locally and regionally, and work on the necessity of building participatory platforms in cooperation with their correspondents, as small and medium companies are often specialized industrial companies with great economic potential.
This division should organize conferences, courses, workshops, seminars, and investment conferences to support industry and trade. Also, to discuss all issues of concern to the division regarding commerce, industry, and services, especially the customs, legislation, and regulation sectors related to commercial, industrial, and service activities, and linking electronic commerce directly with this division.
Among the most important proposals for the work of this sector (in partnership with the research, the technology, the digital transformation, and e-commerce sectors):
- Contributing to the advancement of the private sector and stimulating initiatives and investments.
- Providing public authorities with all proposals, opinions, and information.
- Contributing to strengthening cooperation and partnership relations with various local, regional, and international bodies.
- Providing training, development, and economical information.
- Organizing exhibitions, conferences, and trade nights for various countries.
- Organizing seminars, workshops, and seminars on topical issues.
- Participation in directing and assisting companies to develop their partnerships, as well as assisting them in exporting.
- Informing companies of available economic and commercial opportunities.
- Establishing an arbitration center in the sector for commercial disputes.
- Establishing an e-commerce platform to support industry and trade.
These are just examples that the head of the division can develop.
- The Union supports innovative efforts in industry and trade sectors in African and Asian countries in order to reach sustainable industrial development.
- Promoting innovation, development, and speed of transformation towards a green economy, and technical and vocational training in order to improve institutional performance.
- Implementing programs that help increase the contribution of the private sector and the small, medium, and micro enterprises sector to the GDP.
- Creating an economic bloc for African and Asian women and implementing various programs to achieve the following: raise living standards, ensure full employment, increase real income and efficient demand, expand production and increase trade in goods and services.
- Optimally use available resources in accordance with development plans, and work on protecting and preserving the environment in line with the requirements of global economic development. Activating the positive efforts to ensure that the developing countries and the least developed countries obtain an ample share in the high growth rates of international trade, in order to benefit from their financial revenues and finance their economic and social development projects.
- Organizing events and exhibitions to support African-Asian trade and industry, and work to contribute to the process of industrial development in the two continents. Coordinating and integrating the industries between the African-Asian countries.
- Encouraging the African-Asian countries to work in the industry through training courses and workshops, providing technical assistance. Holding seminars and lectures, providing data and information. Organizing all educational activities, developing, teaching, research, and skills. Supporting all methods and laws of consumer protection. Including cooperation protocols and memoranda of understanding to support development. Training, vocational and technical qualification, along with industry and trade in Africa-French.